Humpback Rocks Music Concert
May 27, 2018 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
The Humpback Rocks Mountain Farm (Parkway milepost 6) shares the stories of Appalachian Families that lived in the area during the 1890s. One of their many traditions was to gather together to work, play, celebrate, mourn, socialize, and enjoy each other’s company. Please join us this summer to learn about and carry on, these mountain traditions. Our outdoor stage is set under the picturesque Black Walnut tree just as you enter the farm.
These concerts are free of charge with no tickets required. The Humpback Rocks Concert Series is generously funded by the FRIENDs of the Blue Ridge Parkway.
Concerts may be cancelled in the event of inclement weather. For more information, call the Humpback Rocks Visitor Center at (540) 943-4716 (open daily 10 AM to 5 PM).
- Bring a comfortable chair or blanket to enjoy the music.
- Bring a picnic meal and plenty of drinking water (no alcoholic beverages).
- Wear sunscreen, a hat, and sunglasses to avoid sunburn.
- Visit with the farm staff to compare life then & now.
- Challenge yourself and friends with some of our historic games and toys during the music!