The Summit at Devils Backbone Basecamp is now open serving made to order breakfast and specialty coffee roasted by our neighbors Trager Brothers Coffee. Our fresh eggs come straight from Frog Hollow Farms and breads from Goodwin Creek. The Summit is open serving coffee & breakfast 7 days a week, 7AM to 12NOON and Sundays for brunch. Before The Summit was re-purposed to serve specialty coffee and breakfast and host private events, it was the Arrington Station train depot servicing much of Nelson County during 1800s. A cavalry under the Union General George Armstrong Custer was dispatched from Charlottesville to destroy rail track all the way to the Amherst Court House, and their mission included the burning of the original depot: “The Summit,” named because it was the highest point above sea level on the rail line. It was built in 1867, and the building was moved to its current location in 2015. Crossroads of Route 151 and Route 664. 434-361-0070